Site and works copyright Chris Truelsen 2009, 2010. All rights reserved. Contact us at PenandInkDetails@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why Inking?











Of all the things I like to do, I had never focused much on doing art. I took one photography class in high school and one art history class in college, and that was it. However I have always loved art, and always planned on trying my hand at it in various ways.

Sparing you a long and boring story about the origins of my art development (which continues) I will share just a few things. First of all, I have always been better at drawing than anything else.
I tried other media. Finding that I didn't really like doing pastels, I bought some ink with the intention of messing around with it, and finally got around to trying it. I found instantly that I just loved working with it. (article continued below bullet points . . . .)

Some notes on the works you see in this article:
  • First of all, note that the streak you see across the scans is not in the actual works themselves. That is an artefact from the scanning.
  • The originals are approximately 5 in x 7 in, while the actual greeting cards are smaller.
  • These works come from my first and second series'of postcards, and do not include all of the pictures in those series.
  • The works are from left to right, then proceeding down the page: St. Mary's Roman Catholic, St. Paul's Episcopal, 2nd Baptist Church, Scribner House (home of New Albany's DAR chapter), and the new YMCA.
  • All the works here: copyright Chris Truelsen 2008. All rights reserved. Please contact me at the below e-mail address for permissions.
(article continued . . . .)
I created a drawing of the leaning Tower of Pisa from a photograph that I had of it. I created drawings which were representations of various Bible passages for a VBS. As much as I liked doing inks, was my work good enough to sell? That was the question.

I took some of my inks into a gallery that sells local art in New Albany, Indiana and they liked them. At their suggestion I created a series of several greeting cards of New Albany locations. They are now sold at the "Gallery on Pearl" in New Albany, IN. -Chris Truelsen

If you are genuinely interested in my work, you may e-mail me at: penandinkdetails@gmail.com (no spam please)

If you wish to visit the "Gallery on Pearl" or just check out their website, please use the link below:

http://www.thegalleryonpearl.com/

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! We love ART! Congrats on the Gallery placement! A member of our current Church did Pen and Ink. His work is awesome (he died over a year ago). (Susan Buetow in case you don't know me by "Susieqtpie"

    ReplyDelete